Thursday, June 13, 2013

An honor!

In this world of teaching where so much of what you do goes unseen by the world around you any appreciation and complements mean the world.  It's why I love reading the cards my students and their parents write at the end of the year - I get a glimpse into how they really feel about me even if it was primarily unspoken.  So imagine my surprise to be asked to be a "focus teacher" for Impatient Optimists - Bill and Melinda Gates' blog!


I was recommended by someone still unknown by me for my work in the classroom with my diverse students.  I don't have much more to say but that I am humbled beyond words and hopeful that reading this article makes others feel more comfortable approaching the CCSS with their diverse kiddos.  Happy Reading!


Adie

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am going to read it right now. Thanks for sharing, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring! Loved the article, and I would love to see you at work! LauraRead-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a compliment. I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. This article and comments that I've heard about it are just so humbling. Thank you for making me feel so wonderful!

      Adie

      Delete